Quality Information Partners (QIP) offers the opportunity to make a difference in our education system through meaningful work with dedicated colleagues. Our staff members are rewarded for their successes with attractive benefits, competitive compensation, and ongoing professional development. We are always looking to connect with smart, enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented people interested in working with us. As such, we prefer to hire people more than fill positions. If you see yourself fitting into QIP’s team, feel free to send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Also read about working at QIP on our Working With Us page.
Quality Information Partners, Inc. (QIP) is a woman-owned small business that delivers expertise to the education community and beyond in the areas of Communications & Content, Data Management & Standards, and Cloud Application Support. QIP’s core services include developing audience-appropriate messaging for education data stakeholders such as policymakers, practitioners, and the general public.
The Communications Manager would fill a crucial role on the Communications & Content team, which offers clients expertise in writing, editing, graphic and web design, Section 508 compliance, and video production. Through careful coordination with clients, this team provides knowledgeable communications consultation and generates accurate, engaging, and attractive multimedia content.
Duties of the Position
QIP is seeking a conscientious and independent, yet collaborative individual to manage people and projects centered around writing, editing, content strategy, branding, and social media for QIP and its clients. This individual would serve as a writer, editor, and proofreader in addition to having staff supervisor and managerial duties. Projects may include the QIP newsletter, website, and blog as well as writing and editing client products such as short and long reports, newsletters, video scripts, presentations, etc.
- Expertise in managing, editing, and producing digital content
- Ability to translate technical language into plain language
- Ability to write and edit short- and long-form pieces
- Ability to write and edit in various styles, from blogging to research documents
- Familiarity with social media, content strategy, Google Analytics and SEO
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, English, or journalism
- At least 3 years of experience managing people and projects
- At least 6 years of writing and editing experience in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to think analytically and exercise judgment to solve problems
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Solid work ethic and the ability to exert optimal effort to successfully complete tasks on time
- High degree of professionalism, discretion, and excellent customer service skills
- U.S. Citizenship
Work Conditions: This is a full-time position that would be performed in the applicant’s home office in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area that requires at least a one-year commitment from the applicant.
Submission Information: Please email resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due Date: All materials are due by June 29, 2018.